- headache disorders such as migraine, cluster and tension headaches
- epilepsy or seizures
- cerebrovascular disease, such as transient ischemic attack and stroke.
- memory loss or dementia disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body dementia and Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease,restless leg syndrome, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm and cervical dystonia
- disorders of peripheral nerves and muscles such as peripheral
neuropathy, myopathy and myasthenia gravis
- demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such
as multiple sclerosis, and of the peripheral nervous system, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome andchronic inflammatory demyelinating
- spinal cord disorders – tumors, infections, trauma, malformations
(e.g., transverse myelitis, spinal stenosis, tethered spinal cord)
- altered mental status, encephalopathy, stupor andcoma
- neurodegenerative disorders, including Huntington's disease, and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease).